Professional Residential Lettings Services
Lodge & Thomas will provide you with a comprehensive lettings service to deal with residential, commercial and agricultural properties.
We offer a bespoke professional lettings package to suit your requirements, whether that be for Let Only, Rent Collection, and/or Full Management services.
Residential Let Only service
Our Residential Let Only service is inclusive of the following: –
- Advising you on any works or actions that may be required prior to letting in order to ensure compliance with relevant legislation / regulations and to improve rental level achieved.
- Inspection and photographs and preparation of comprehensive letting particulars.
- Advertising through National lettings websites, and our own website.
- “To Let” board at the property (unless you prefer not to for any reason).
- Forwarding property details to prospective tenants.
- Conducting property viewings with interested parties and issuing letting particulars and application forms.
- Obtaining applicant references from employers and landlords, together with Credit and Financial References, via a specialist referencing agency.
- Shortlisting applicants and advising you on the selection of a tenant. If you wish, then you will be able to meet any prospective tenants before committing.
- Preparation and overseeing the signing of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement for an initial term of (usually) six months, following which the tenancy would continue from month to month on the same terms until terminated by either party.
- Preparation of a Photographic Ingoing Record of Condition / Inventory of the property including the noting of meter readings.
- Informing the appropriate utility companies of the change in occupation of the property, and informing Cornwall Council for Council Tax purposes.
- Checking of fire / smoke / carbon monoxide alarms in accordance with Regulations.
- Verification of Tenant identities and appropriate record keeping in accordance with “Right to Rent” Regulations.
- Collecting, registering and holding for you a Tenant’s Deposit in our protected Client Account, and providing you and the tenants with a Deposit Protection Certificate and the prescribed information guidance booklet, as required by law.
- Collecting the first month’s rent and deposit from the tenants on your behalf and ensuring tenancy documentation is signed and completed before the keys are handed over.
- Both the Landlord and the Tenant are given signed and completed copies of the key documents: Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement; Photographic Ingoing Record of Condition; and Deposit Protection Certificate with the required prescribed information and guidance booklet together with Energy Performance Certificate, Gas Safety Register (where relevant), Electrical Installation Condition Report, and the mandatory Government Information Booklet “How to Rent”.
With a “Let Only” Service our involvement would stop there except that we would register and hold the Tenant’s Deposit in a protected Client Deposit Account until the end of the tenancy, following which we would return it to the tenants once your approval is given. There would be no further fee for the return of the Deposit. If there was some dispute between the Landlord and Tenant then we would be required to submit the case to the scheme administrators who would adjudicate at no cost.
Once let, the tenants would deal with you direct for all matters and pay their rent to you direct. The Tenancy Agreement would provide your payment details to enable the tenants to pay their rent by standing order.
Rent Collection Service
Our Rent Collection service is inclusive of the following: –
- Provided in addition to our “Let Only” service.
- Collection of the rent on a monthly basis.
- Monitoring rental payments on a monthly basis and, in the event of rent arrears arising, immediately issuing reminders with follow-up letters issued subsequently if required.
- Providing regular (monthly) statements to you of rents collected and our charges.
- Forwarding rent to you on a monthly basis, usually done electronically by BACS transfer.
Full management Service
Our Full Management service is inclusive of the following: –
- Provided in addition to our “Let Only” and “Rent Collection” services.
- Being the first point of contact for Tenants and attending to matters as they arise, whilst keeping you up to date and informed of proceedings.
- Arranging routine testing and servicing of gas / oil / solid fuel / electrical, etc. appliances and installations as required, and in agreement with you.
- Reporting on minor repairs that are required and organising for these to be undertaken.
- Reporting on major repairs that may be required and, if instructed, obtaining quotes and arranging for works to be undertaken.
- Invoices from Contractors for repairs will either be settled from rent, or forwarded to you separately if required. Works will be inspected and reported on prior to recommending payment.
- Performing rent reviews and implementing increases as necessary.
- Performing regular inspections of the property at agreed intervals and reporting to you on the condition of the property and the conduct of the tenant, and relaying any matters raised by tenants.
- Dealing with end of tenancy and change of tenancy matters.
For further information please contact: – Ross Collins, BSc (Hons), MRICS, FAAV, Partner – Registered Valuer
Lodge & Thomas, 58 Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2PY
t. 01872 272722 e. firstname.lastname@example.org