Our professionals are members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and qualified Fellows of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers and provide expert advice on a broad range of agricultural, residential and commercial property matters. Client relationships are at the core of our firm’s ethos, and we pride ourselves on referrals and our reputation for providing a professional service.
Our firm has the benefit of a wealth of specialist local knowledge. Our team comprises of experienced partners and consultants, combined with dynamic Chartered Surveyors and graduates who bring in new ideas and modern practices.
To discuss your requirements, and for a no-obligation quotation, please call our office on 01872 272722
Our experienced Chartered Surveyors who are RICS Registered Valuers, provide professional Valuations in accordance with the RICS Valuation Standards (“The Red Book”).
Our team of specialist MRICS accredited valuers are experts in the valuation of rural property, residential, farms, land, and commercial.
- Bank Valuations for Loan Security & Finance
- Taxation inc. Inheritance Tax (Probate), Capital Gains Tax. Tax Planning & Advice
- Pension Funds
- Ownership Restructuring
- Partnership Dissolutions
- Compulsory Purchase & Compensation Claims
- Asset Valuation & Family Transfer of Assets
- Acquisitions & Sales
- Court Proceedings inc. Valuations under the Civil Procedure Rules, Criminal Procedure Rules & Family Procedure Rules
- Stocktaking Valuations
- Disposal or Acquisition by Charities under the Charities Act
- Rental Valuations
Planning & Development
We provide a full planning service for rural developments including the preparation of planning applications, pre-application enquiries, appraisals, independent planning reports and supporting documents for the following:
- New buildings for agriculture
- Removal of Agricultural Occupancy Conditions
- Discharge or modification of Planning obligations and Section 106 Agreements
- Agricultural dwellings
- Renewable energy schemes
- Farm diversification projects
- New access arrangements
- Change of use applications, including “Class Q” applications for barn conversions
- Permitted Development applications
- Lawful Development Certificates
- Appeals & enforcement
Landlord & Tenant Matters
As members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and Fellows of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers, we have extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with Landlord and Tenant matters.
We are able to provide specialist advice for tenancies under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 and Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995; and residential tenancies in accordance with the Rent Act, Housing Acts and the ever-increasing volume of regulations affecting this sector.
We assist with:
- Drafting of Agreements
- Rent reviews
- Ongoing & end of tenancy matters
- Property lettings, management and rent collection (residential, agricultural, commercial)
- Service of Notices
- Dispute resolution
- Succession rights & planning
- Support with rent tenders & tenancy applications
Lodge & Thomas offer a full and comprehensive service on behalf of executors of estates. Dealing with the settlement of an estate can be a challenging undertaking. We have the benefit of being able to provide the complete package.
- Valuations for Inheritance Tax / Probate Purposes
We can provide fully tax compliant valuations in accordance with the Inheritance Tax Act and RICS professional standards for all real estate property types, as well as chattels and personal effects.
- House Clearance / Business Assest Clearance
We can organise the clearance of furniture and effects on behalf of the estate and also business assets.
- Sale of Real Estate Property
Our dedicated Estate Agency department can conduct the marketing of all property types.
- Sale of House Contents / Business Assets
The Truro Saleroom have the specialist knowledge to deal with the sale of antiques, fine art, silver and jewellery, general household furniture and effects.
Lodge & Thomas offer a respectful and professional service and can see the whole process through, from valuation of the estate assets, removal/clearance of household/business assets, and the sale of the property. Throughout the process we ensure complete professionalism and close communication with the executors.
Farm Agency & Acquisitions
We have been assisting clients to buy and sell land and farms in Cornwall for over 125 years and our team has an unrivalled knowledge of the local market
Our services include:
- Market Appraisals & Red Book Valuations
- Marketing advice & sale preparation
- Transfer of Entitlements, Environmental Schemes & Wayleaves
Basic Payment Scheme, Countryside Stewardship & RPA Matters
We provide help, advice and support in completing and submitting BPS & Countryside Stewardship applications and claims. We also provide general advice in relation to Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) mapping and other queries related to BPS and Entitlement trading.
Entitlements currently For Sale – all non-SDA
We can also assist with:
- Annual Claims
- Mapping amendments
- Changes to the business structure in relation to your BPS claim
- Ensuring greening requirements are met
Compulsory Purchase, Compensation, Wayleaves, Pipelines & Easements
We have a wealth of expertise representing both landowners and occupiers through the process of Compulsory Purchase including acquisition, making representations to the acquiring authority, negotiations for accommodation works, determination and negotiation of claims for capital payments and disturbance. We are actively involved in advising landowners on a variety of projects including:
- Road widening & improvement inc. the new A30 and Roche Bypass etc.
- Water pipes
- Electricity lines
- Gas pipes
- Telecom masts
- Wind farms
In the majority of cases our fees for acting on behalf of affected land and property owners are paid by the acquiring authority or company.
We are regularly instructed as Expert Witnesses to help resolve disputes between parties on land and property related matters. In accordance with the mandatory guidelines from the RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) and the Civil Procedures Rules, we can provide testimony on:
- Land & property values
- Matrimonial disputes
- Partnership dissolutions
Energy and renewables have become an important part of rural property ownership and management. We help coordinate independent and impartial professional energy and renewables advice to farmers and landowners, combining our knowledge of rural property management with specialist consultants. We coordinate consultancy and project management across all types of renewable energy projects including:
- Ground & building mounted solar PV
- Biomass – wood / energy crops / anaerobic digestion
- Ground source heat pumps
- Hydro & wind turbines
We are able to assist our rural and farming clients with personalised long-term funding through the Agricultural Mortgage Corporation (AMC), who provide bespoke funding to support your farming and rural businesses. When we help you access AMC finance, you will receive a swift response on your funding proposal.
You will also benefit from:
- Competitive mortgage rates, with interest-only and repayment options available or a blend of both
- Rates can be set for the life of the agreement, unlike many other secured loans or overdraft agreements
- No annual reviews or the need to see annual accounts – we leave you alone to get on with the business of farming
- No early repayment charges for variable rate loans
- Finance secured against land as well as property to help you increase the capital you can raise
- Loans and mortgage agreements can be transferred to the next generation
- Access to AMC’s experienced and knowledgeable support teams who understand the sector’s unique funding needs
- Funding decisions that can be approved in principle before you make a sealed bid or go to auction
Please note that the above are subject to AMC credit criteria and your obligations to AMC continuing to be met.
We offer a professional and fully Land Registry Compliant Ordnance Survey mapping service. We can measure boundary changes and provide the most up to date digital mapping, for transfer, conveyancing/Land Registry purposes.