We will customarily open viewing for our specialist sales with an illustrated catalogue via thesaleroom.com 10 – 14 days prior to the auction. In house viewing is typically held on the two days leading up to a sale from 11am until 4pm, as well as from 8:30am on the morning of a sale.
If you require a condition report for a particular lot please send it to us digitally via thesaleroom.com. Alternatively, you can contact us via email or telephone.
How To Buy
There are several options when it comes to buying at auction that we offer to help make your experience as smooth as possible.
- In Person: On the day of the sale you can register with us to receive a unique bidder number. Any lots that you then buy will be linked to this number. This process is free of charge.
- Telephone: If you wish to participate in the live bidding but are unable to attend or access the sale online, we can arrange for one of our team to call you during the sale and bid on your behalf. This service is also free of charge.
- Commission Bid: You may also leave a confidential maximum bid with us via telephone, email or even in person prior to the sale day. This service is also free of charge.
- Online: If you would prefer to bid online, you can register with thesaleroom.com to watch the sale and bid live. There is an extra 4.95% + VAT charge for using this service.
Collecting Your Purchases
- In Person: If you wish to collect your lots in person please notify us via email or telephone so one of our porters can have your items ready upon your arrival
- In-House Shipping: Following a specialist sale we are aware that you might be unable to collect your winning lots in person. We therefore offer an in-house postage service to any address within the UK, simply notify us via telephone or email following a sale to receive a quote. Please note we are not responsible for any damage to a lot in transit; however we are more than happy to help you with a claim.
For bulky larger items, as well as furniture and glazed paintings of considerable size, please see our list of recommended carriers below for a competitive quote.
- 3 Lanes Transport: 01736799298 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aardvark Art Services: email@example.com
- DWP (Dave Webb) 07860 324648
- Mailboxes etc(MBE) 01752 257224 firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Hams Express: 07502 6041139 email@example.com
- Steve Briscoe: 07967 715789
- Vans For Us (Paul): 07792 204448