Trewellard Chapel - Substantial Detached Chapel

At a glance...

A substantial and imposing detached Grade II Listed Chapel situated in the centre of the village of Trewellard with a date stone of 1833. The property is situated in a prominent position in the village centre which is on the B3306 St. Ives to St. Just road, conveniently located approx. 7 miles from Penzance and 8 miles from Land’s End.

In more detail...



Trewellard is contained within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is close to the rugged north Cornish coast in West Penwith with many spectacular and dramatic cliff top walks in the area. The former tin mines of Levant and Geevor are nearby together with the historic Botallack Mines on the cliffs supporting the rich Cornish mining heritage. Trewellard village consists of many former miners cottages and has the Trewellard Arms Hotel, Trewellard Meadery and a garage etc.

The surrounding villages have pubs, local stores, fish and chip shop etc. The market town of St. Just has further amenities inc. a range of shops and supermarket, with the road leading on to Cape Cornwall, Land's End and Sennen. The harbour town of Penzance has an extensive range of services and facilities including major supermarkets, local and national stores, pubs, restaurants, ferry service to the Isles of Scilly, mainline railway station with services to London Paddington, schools, college, hospital, and access onto the main A30.


The Chapel was closed from public use in 2005 and the current owners have used the property as a studio and storage area. There has been no planning permission sought on the property and it remains largely intact with its contents. There is a small adjoining "Sunday School" room and the property as a whole provides the opportunity to apply for planning permission to convert the building into versatile accommodation/mixed use development. As far as we are aware the Chapel is unencumbered - there are no community restrictions, covenants, etc regarding its future use.

The Listing Notice states that the Chapel was a Weslyan Chapel dated 1833 which was refitted in the late 19th century and comprises a large granite fronted building with stone and granite dressings under a concrete tile roof. Internally the original paneling, gallery with pulpit and organ pipes are still in situ. At the rear of the property there is a vestry, wash room/kitchen with a Sunday School to the side with boiler room beneath.

Best & Final Offers Monday 25th June 12 noon - Gui £100,000

Image Gallery

Location Map

Share |